'Net Monitor v3.6
** Updated August 3, 2008
Monitor your Internet connection! This Power Tool perodically tests the web servers and e-mail servers of your choice, and attempts to download a specific page. It can also test connections to any computer on the local network, or on the Internet! It reports any errors that occur, so you can take corrective action.
New feature! The 'Net Monitor can now send e-mail notifications of failures at monitored web sites and e-mail servers. Note: E-mail notification feature requires Karen's E-Mailer II.
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
- August 28, 2000
- September 5, 2000
- September 11, 2000
- September 19, 2000
- September 25, 2000
- October 9, 2000
- November 6, 2001
- December 4, 2002
- July 22, 2003
- July 31, 2003
- August 13, 2003
- August 28, 2003
- December 16, 2004
|Download Karen's 'Net Monitor||SHA-1|
|Download and run to install 'Net Monitor||1,384,600 bytes|
|Download VB6 Source Code||SHA-1|
|Programmers only||187,960 bytes|
|Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0||SHA-1|
|Note: Karen's 'Net Monitor's installer will automatically download and run the Visual Basic Runtime installer, if necessary.||1 MB|
- Version 3.6: Made several changes to allow program to work under Windows Vista. These include changes to the locations where settings are stored.
- Version 3.5.1: Allowed web site test to test image files, and other non-HTML files.
- Version 3.5: Errors displayed in on-screen results table can now be highlighted in red (see new option in Other Settings). Also, saving a log file will not append current information if saving to same file as most recent load of log file. This prevents duplicate entries from appearing in saved log file.
- Version 3.4.3: The AutoComplete feature is now implemented when entering a web site's URL in the Setup window.
- Version 3.4.2: When entering name of log file the program now uses Windows' AutoComplete feature to display list of files and folders that match the partial location typed so far.
- Version 3.4.1: Fixed bug in manual log file save routine that prevented creation of new log file.
- Version 3.4: New option allows you to tell the 'Net Monitor to always save (or never save) its log file when exiting. You can also select the log file's location, and whether to overwrite or append.
- Version 3.3.2: Fixed bug that could cause 'Net Monitor to fail if run while minimized.
- Version 3.3.1: Can now specify the number of Pings to perform when testing connection to another computer. Can also specify number of Pings that can fail to make the round-trip before counting the test as a failure.
- Version 3.3: Can now test connections to any computer, on the local network or on the Internet. This test "pings" the remote computer, and records any errors, plus the time needed to complete a roundtrip to the remote computer.
- Version 3.2.2: Can now access web sites via a proxy server. Also supports alternate/non-standard SMTP server port numbers.
- Version 3.1: Program can now send e-mail notification when service is restored, in addition to the e-mail notification of failure.
- Version 3.0.8: When creating v3.0.7, accidentally hid the on-screen options to send e-mail after a test failure. Option is now visible again.
- Version 3.0.7: Finally fixed pesky bug that caused program to sometimes crash with "Error 91: Object variable or With block variable not set". Problem only occurred if Auto timer was disabled when 'Net Monitor started.
- Version 3.0.6: Fixed bug that prevented user from editing a test job immediately after it had been created.
- Version 3.0.4: Fixed problem that caused monitor to timeout when testing some SMTP E-Mail servers (those that require a domain name as part of the HELO command).
- Version 3.0.3: Fixed bug that sometimes causes Saving Log File to Disk to fail.
- Version 3.0.2: Fixed a bug that prevented users from specifying "<none>" for web site signature.
- Version 3.0.1: Fixed a bug that prevented users from adding new sites and servers to be monitored.
- Version 3.0: Can send e-mail messages (using E-Mailer II) to notify of web site or e-mail server failures.
- Version 2.0: Can now save test results to disk, test email servers, and displays additional test statistics.
- Version 1.4: Adds several new features: Support for proxies (if configured in Microsoft Internet Explorer) has been added, you can now temporarily suspend the test timer, and the main window is now resizable. In addition, some lingering bugs in the program's configuration option (where new URL's are entered) have been fixed).
- Version 1.3: Fixes some bugs in version 1.2 that affected the abilty to add and delete new URLs.
- Version 1.2: Can test several sites at once. It also allows you to specify a "signature" for each site.
- Version 1.1: Allows you to specify the time between tests. It also records the time required to complete each test. Another new feature allows you to save the test result log to a disk file.
Power Tools Newsletter
- Font Explorer Updated
- Replicator Performance Boosted
- Unicode for Directory Printer
- Thank you, Earthlings
33948 Verified Subscribers
Subscribe to receive new issues of the newsletter about Karen and her free Power Tools.Click here to Subscribe