Window Watcher v2.2.1
** Updated Sep 23, 2003
Do you know what's running on your computer? Maybe not. The Window Watcher tells all, reporting every window created by every running program, whether the window is visible or not. You might be surprised to learn exactly what your computer is up to ...
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
|Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0||SHA-1|
|Required to install and run Window Watcher||1 MB|
|Download Karen's Window Watcher||SHA-1|
|Download and run to install Window Watcher||1,165,824 bytes|
|Download VB6 Source Code||SHA-1|
|Programmers only||68,096 bytes|
- Version 2.2.1: Fixed bug that caused program to fail to detect the absence of Windows component psapi.dll on older versions of Windows.
- Version 2.2: Worked around a bug in recent versions of Windows that prevented the Window Watcher from reliably determining the owner of a window.
- Version 2.1: Can now display on-screen location of selected windows, including hidden windows.
- Version 2.0: Program now uses Explorer-like interface to allow you to browse main and child windows. Additional information about each window is now displayed. Also, you can search through Windows' list of on-screen title bar texts, looking for titles that contain a selected text.
- Version 1.7.1: Fixed bug that caused "Error 5" when program started.
- Version 1.7: Allows you to search window titlebar text. Also displays whether each window is visible, and enabled.
- Version 1.5: Will display the window creator when running under Windows 2000.
- Version 1.2: Reports the name of the program creating each window.
- Version 1.1: Properly responds to the "Hide windows w/o titlebar text" checkbox. Previous versions ignored this setting. The Refresh button is also now enabled when the program starts.
Power Tools Newsletter
- Directory Printer v5.4.4 Adds Unicode Characters Support
- Replicator v3.7.6 Eradicates Bug that caused Error 3
31484 Verified Subscribers
Subscribe to receive new issues of the newsletter about Karen and her free Power Tools.Click here to Subscribe