** Updated 12/5/1999
Keep track of the programs your computer runs, even when you're away. This Power Tool runs invisibly, and creates a log file (snoop.log) that records the starting and stopping of every program. The program can be used to detect tampering, or just to track the time spent using each program.
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
|Download Karen's Snooper||SHA-1|
|Download and run to install Snooper||284,856 bytes|
|Download VB6 Source Code||SHA-1|
|Programmers only||41,144 bytes|
|Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0||SHA-1|
|Required to install and run Snooper||1 MB|
- Version 1.3: Fixes an overflow problem that kept earlier versions from running under Windows NT.
- Version 1.2: Remembers its last screen location, and returns to that location the next time it is run.
- Version 1.1: By default, allows other programs to open the log file (for reading only). This access can be blocked by adding "/lock" to the program's command line.
Power Tools Newsletter
- Directory Printer v5.4.4 Adds Unicode Characters Support
- Replicator v3.7.6 Eradicates Bug that caused Error 3
31631 Verified Subscribers
Subscribe to receive new issues of the newsletter about Karen and her free Power Tools.Click here to Subscribe