Registry Pruner v2.5
** Updated Jun 7, 2000
Clean up your Registry's SharedDLLs key. Orphaned entries can cause install and uninstall programs to misbehave. And can even trigger bogus Registry Corrupted error messages. The program can also removed "ghosts", entries in the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs list that remain even after a program has been uninstalled.
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
|Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0||SHA-1|
|Required to install and run Registry Pruner||1 MB|
|Download Karen's Registry Pruner||SHA-1|
|Download and run to install Registry Pruner||816,312 bytes|
|Download VB6 Source Code||SHA-1|
|Programmers only||54,456 bytes|
- Version 2.5: Corrects the explanation of the Add/Remove tab that appears in the program's main window at startup.
- Version 2.4: Removes some annoying warning messages that somtimes appeared while the program was scanning for SharedDLLs. Those warning messages now only appear if a particular entry is selected for removal.
- Version 2.3: Removes a bit of debugging code inadvertently left behind after tracking down the bugs in versions 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2. Thanks to reader Dick Tunks for reporting this bug, and helping me fix it.
- Version 2.2: Fixes a bug that caused the program to fail when it encountered certain non-standard ShareDLL Registry entries. Thanks to reader David Crum for reporting this bug, and helping me fix it.
- Version 2.1: Fixes a bug that caused the program to fail when it encountered certain non-standard Unstall Registry entries. Thanks to reader Chris Todd for reporting this bug, and helping me fix it.
- Version 2.0: Can also prune orphaned entries in Control Panel's Add/Remove program list.
More than 6000 downloads monthly
Received $936.80 this month* — Thanks!
December Revenue* $936.80
*Licenses + Donations - PayPal Fees
November $151 October $133 USD — Thanks again!