Cookie Viewer v3.6
** Updated June 19, 2007
Discover the information that web sites store on your computer. This Power Tool automatically scans your computer, looking for "cookies" created by Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Netscape's Navigator and Mozilla Project's FireFox web browsers. It can then display the data stored in each one. It can also delete any unwanted cookies stored by these browsers.
Bonus: Visit Karen's Cookie Dispenser, to create your own web cookies!
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
- January 18, 2000
- January 24, 2000
- January 31, 2000
- February 7, 2000
- February 14, 2000
- February 22, 2000
- February 28, 2000
- March 6, 2000
- October 2, 2000
- October 9, 2000
- October 30, 2000
- November 13, 2000
- November 20, 2000
- June 30, 2005
- August 4, 2005
|Download Karen's Cookie Viewer||SHA-1|
|Download and run to install Cookie Viewer||853,208 bytes|
|Download VB6 Source Code||SHA-1|
|Programmers only||198,704 bytes|
|Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0||SHA-1|
|Note: Karen's Cookie Viewer's installer will automatically download and run the Visual Basic Runtime installer, if necessary.||1 MB|
- Version 3.6: Made several changes to make program work better with Windows Vista. These include changes in the location where settings are stored, and an HTML-format help file.
- Version 3.5.6: Recompiled program with updated folder browser control, API.bas library. Also "Locked" text boxes that display cookie dates, lifetime, scope and Secure setting, preventing accidental changes by user.
- Version 3.5.5: Added ability to select several cookies for deletion at one time, by placing a checkmark next to one cookie, then holding down the <Shift> key while placing a checkmark next to another cookie. All cookies between the two entries will automatically be selected also.
- Version 3.5.4: Program deletes its Netscape/FireFox cookie backup file (cookies.bk?), if no deletions were made.
- Version 3.5.3: Fixed bug that sometimes prevented program from displaying Netscape Navigator cookies.
- Version 3.5.2: Fixed bug that caused the new Help button to be misplaced on form if main form's height is changed.
- Version 3.5.1: Fixed problem caused by FireFox cookies with very long lifetimes (approximately 100 years or more).
- Version 3.5: Now supports FoxFire browser cookies. Also allows user to manually browse for specific cookie folders and files, in addition to previous ability to automatically search for cookies. New user interface displays cookies with multiple value/data pairs better.
- Version 3.3: Incorporates the results of the "Great Cookie Hunt" to improve the viewer's initial cookie locator. The new version can also understand cookie locations found in the Registry, written in Unicode, or which contain Environment Strings. The DEL key can now be used to delete cookies, in addition to the "Delete" button on the program's main window. Finally, a bug was fixed that caused a crash when the last Microsoft Internet Explorer cookie was deleted from a particular location.
- Version 3.2.1: Fixes a problem that caused version 3.2 to sometimes fail after a search for all cookies was performed. It also includes an enhancement that allows users to delete Netscape cookies even if a backup of the Netscape cookie file cannot be created.
- Version 3.2: Fixes a problem with "immortal" Netscape cookies, that caused version 3.1 to fail with a overflow error. This version also has an improved cookie scanner, that omits directories with no likely cookie suspects.
- Version 3.1: Displays the expiration dates and times of cookies stored by Netscape Navigator, plus those cookies' "lifetime" in days, hours, minutes and seconds. It also fixes a bug that prevented version 3.0 from displaying Microsoft Internet Explorer cookies with expiration dates after the year 2038.
- Version 3.0: Displays the creation and expiration dates and times of cookies stored by Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE), plus those cookies' "lifetime" in days, hours, minutes and seconds. Version 2.6 allows you to visit the site that created a cookie, by clicking on the site's name in the "Available to" box.
- Version 2.5: Can delete Netscape cookies.
- Version 2.4: Can delete Microsoft Internet Explorer cookies.
- Version 2.3: Can search your hard disk(s) for cookies stored in non-standard locations.
- Version 2.2: Fixed a bug that caused the program to crash if it deleted the last cookie in a list.
- Version 2.1: Allows you to select more than one cookie at a time, for deletion.
- Version 2.0: Adds a "Search" feature, to automatically find cookies in non-standard locations. It can also delete cookies created by Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
- Version 1.2: Fixes a problem with the screen location memory that sometimes caused the window to dissappear (be displayed off-screen).
- Version 1.1: Remembers its last screen location, and returns to that location the next time it is run.
Power Tools Newsletter
- Font Explorer Updated
- Replicator Performance Boosted
- Unicode for Directory Printer
- Thank you, Earthlings
33948 Verified Subscribers
Subscribe to receive new issues of the newsletter about Karen and her free Power Tools.Click here to Subscribe