** Updated June 19, 2007
Karen's Calculator is a high-precision calculator. Unlike ordinary calculators, it returns completely accurate results, even with operands containing thousands of digits. If you're patient, operands and results containing hundreds of thousands of digits are possble too!
Most calculators are only accurate when dealing with numbers containing a few digits -- usually 16 to 32. When asked to calculate using larger numbers, they either fail (displaying an error) or return results that are only approximately accurate.
Karen's Calculator can easily handle numbers and results containing many thousands of digits with complete accuracy. It also includes an on-screen "tape" -- which can be saved to disk -- versatile memory features, and more!
For more information, read these issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
|Download Karen's Calculator||SHA-1|
|Download and run to install Calculator||1,248,935 bytes|
|Download VB6 Source Code||SHA-1|
|Programmers only||169,184 bytes|
|Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0||SHA-1|
|Note: Karen's Calculator's installer will automatically download and run the Visual Basic Runtime installer, if necessary.||1 MB|
- Version 1.2: Made several changes to work better with Windows Vista. These include a new HTML-format help file.
- Version 1.1.9: Fixed bug that prevented menu shortcuts from working.
- Version 1.1.8: Added "Keyboard Shortcuts" and "Memory Functions" entries to the program's Help menu.
- Version 1.1.7: Fixed bug that prevented program from recalling the values of Pi and e when the locale's decimal point character was something other than ".".
- Version 1.1.6: Replaced sound/click files I accidentally left out of version 1.1.5.
- Version 1.1.5: Fixed bug that could cause calculator to hang when performing divisions, if maximum quotient digits is set to very small number.
- Version 1.1.4: Fixed bug that caused wrong results to be displayed for certain divisions where one operand was a power of 10 larger (or smaller) than the other.
- Version 1.1.3: Operators now displayed in color on tape. Fixed bug that sometimes prevented new display format from taking effect immediately.
- Version 1.1.1: Fixed problem that sometimes prevented M+, M-, Mx and M/ buttons from processing correct value. Also added additional keyboard shortcuts.
- Version 1.1: Made several changes:
- Fixed bug that prevented use of the decimal point key on keyboard's keypad.
- Fixed bug that caused premature rounding of some divide results.
- Improved calculator's ability to handle changed calculations (multiple operations without pressing = key).
- Greatly improved calculator's ability to handle missing operands, implied operators, etc.
- Added optional click-click sound effect.
- User can now select font size.
- The contents of the calculator's memory can now be remembered between sessions.
- New "ME" button added, which swaps contents of memory and display.
- Version 1.0.1: Added option to display digit groupings (previous version always displayed digit groupings, now this option is off by default).
- Version 1.0: None (this is the first release).
Power Tools Newsletter
- Directory Printer v5.4.4 Adds Unicode Characters Support
- Replicator v3.7.6 Eradicates Bug that caused Error 3
31758 Verified Subscribers
Subscribe to receive new issues of the newsletter about Karen and her free Power Tools.Click here to Subscribe