** Updated December 5th, 2018
Query domain registration and IP address allocation records from registries around the world!
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
Download and run to install WhoIs v2.7
|2.7||December 5th, 2018||1484936 bytes||MD5|
VirusTotal Scan Results
|ptwhois-setup.exe Legacy Version|
Download and run to install WhoIs v2.6.6
|2.6.6||August 30th, 2008||1485320 bytes||MD5|
|ptwhois-src.exe Legacy Version|
(programmers only) Install Source Code for WhoIs v2.6.6
|2.6.6||August 30th, 2008||679272 bytes||MD5|
Download Visual Basic Runtime v6.0
You probably do not need to download this: Karen's WhoIs installer will automatically download and run the Visual Basic Runtime installer, if necessary.
VirusTotal Scan Results
- See project workboard at https://phabricator.karenware.com/project/view/16/
- To report a problem, please open a ticket at https://helpdesk.karenware.com/open.php
Version 2.7 2018-12-05 [View Workboard]
T103Added automatic secondary server queries on IP address searches. T104Parsing for secondary WhoIs server names improved. T105Can now query IPv6 addresses like
T106Result from each server is separated into its own output tab; and various other user interface improvements.
- Version 2.6.6 (Aug 30 2008 Refresh): Updates the WhoIs and RIR server databases. No changes to the program itself.
- Version 2.6.6: Changed the way internal data files are stored to be more compatible with Windows Vista's security features. Also updated RIR information. Now current as of July 30th, 2007.
- Version 2.6.5: Added support for new/aborning ".PRO" Top-Level Domain.
- Version 2.6.4: Updated RIR information. Now current as of July 3rd, 2006.
- Version 2.6.3: Updated program to handle new German WhoIs server's (.de TLD) requirements.
- Version 2.6.1: Updated RIR information. Now current as of October 12th, 2005.
- Version 2.6: Changed the way the program detects updated RIR information.
- Version 2.5: Changed the "Tabbed Dialog" control to enable the program to work better with screen readers -- tools that help blind and vision-impaired users.
- Versin 2.4.1: Fixed bug that caused Cancel button to be disabled.
- Version 2.4: Updated Brazil's (.br) and Organization (.org) WhoIs servers. Added support for new RIR (AfriNIC). Regenerated IP-to-RIR table.
- Version 2.3: Updated TLD table to reflect new WhoIs database authority for .org TLDs. Also improved program's handling of reponses from WhoIs servers that consist of multiple data packets. Program also accepts a domain name or IP address passed via its command line, to accomodate new feature added to Karen's URL Discombobulator.
- Version 2.2.5: Added support for new RIR, Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (lacnic.net). Also updated IP address blocks assigned to the Asian Pacific Internet Registry (apnic.net).
- Version 2.2.4: Updated TLD table to include new gTLDs: .info, .biz, .aero, .coop, .museum, and .name.
- Version 2.2.3: Update TLD table to reflect ISI.edu's departure from the WhoIs server business. The .us TLD is now served by whois.nic.us, and the .edu TLD is now served by rs.internic.net.
- Version 2.2.2: Updated IP lookup via ARIN to adjust to new ARIN network WhoIs lookup syntax.
- Version 2.1.1: Can now automatically select RIR, based on each RIR's IP Address allocations.
- Version 2.0: Can now query Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) for information about IP Address blocks.
- Version 1.2: Greatly expanded list of ccTLD's fixed SLDs. This should solve many problems locating information in ccTLDs such as India, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland, etc.
- Version 1.1.1: Expanded list of MIL SLDs.
- Version 1.1: Can now lookup information about generic Top-Level Domains (gTLDs) and country-code TLDs (ccTLDs).
- Version 1.0: None (this is the first release)
Power Tools Newsletter
- Directory Printer v5.4.4 Adds Unicode Characters Support
- Replicator v3.7.6 Eradicates Bug that caused Error 3
31758 Verified Subscribers
Subscribe to receive new issues of the newsletter about Karen and her free Power Tools.Click here to Subscribe