Autorun.inf Editor v1.4
** Updated Mar 13, 2001
Easily create the Autorun.inf file that allows programs on CD run automatically when the CD is inserted! Now the CDs you create can automatically display a web page, text file, navigate the user's web browser to a support web site, launch a setup program, and more.
For more information, read these back issues of Karen's Power Tools newsletter:
- Version 1.4: Allows users to change their local Autorun settings, disabling the Autorun feature for certain drives, certain types of drives, or all drives.
- Version 1.3.1: Prevents Error 429: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object, and Error 430: Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface. Both errors were caused by a file named SCRUN.DLL, which is missing on some systems (it's a part of Windows Scripting Host). The new version no longer uses this file.
- Version 1.3: Fixes a bug that caused an error if you clicked inside the context menu list, before any context menu entries had been added.
- Version 1.2: Includes PTStart, a program that allows CD's to automatically open documents, and navigate to web sites, when inserted, in addition to automatically running a program.
- Version 1.1: Allows you to specify a default entry on a disc's context menu.